Sonntag, 9. März 2008

a social debut & poster-klepto confession

My weekend has been better. I attended my first hot flash party. I even got some digits, but I think they were not my type. The main reason was the motorcycle story. This woman told about an ex who had wanted to drive the motorcycle. This was the cause of their breakup, because the woman was completely unwilling to let her drive, and called herself an old school type. Her friend was the same. But then she made fun of the ex because the ex eventually fulfilled her dream to drive a motorcycle in the dykes on bikes pdx with her new girlfriend on the back. But the kicker was that the woman had not learned how to turn the motorcycle and didn't trust herself to do so, so she went by only once and that was that. We all felt sorry for the new girlfriend on the back. This was funny and I laughed, but I am also the sort of person who would want to drive from time to time, though not all the time. Anyway, they want to go roller skating with me sometime. As long as everyone's got their own wheels, that could be fun... but then there's the whole into football element, which I don't really care to hang out with. They were about 47 and 53, but the age gap doesn't bother me so much. Also, after the whole motorcycle story I realized I was wearing the wrong undies; because I need to do laundry I'd taken to wearing boxers, which gave me quite a thrill, makes me feel a bit more butch and is very comfortable and freeing, so even after I do laundry today I may continue this practice.

Here's a moment of confession.
Today I will discuss about an episode relating to film.
I will tell about a magical moment which transpired while I was in college.
I had come upstairs from my job in the basement of a building, and looked down the hall. There she was, oh my god, pinning a film poster to the wall. I stood still and literally couldn't move as entranced as I was by this action of her pinning a poster to the wall. And then she looked at me and said "Hi! I am putting up a film poster" (she always explained in-depth what she was doing) and smiled flirtatiously, which produced on my part what I'm sure are referred to as "googley eyes." It's always the small things. I wanted to be poster, pushpin, and wall all at once. I subsequently did get pinned to the wall, but that's another story. Then a different day I passed her door, and she had pinned a poster to it, too. The poster was for "Jungfraumaschine." I nearly passed out after seeing the film, at which she sat one row in front of me and looked at me throughout the introduction. And I made sure to see all other related films on my own. Sometimes when nobody was looking, I would actually take copies of the posters from the wall and hoard them, keeping them tucked away in a manila folder and adoring the moment when I touched the very pushpin she had touched. I in fact took one pushpin one time and kept it in a ziploc bag with the posters. I always felt a bit guilty about taking about one poster each week, so I tried to repay this debt to society later on by making and then posting some other new posters. It's definitely an art.

Keine Kommentare: