Mittwoch, 17. Oktober 2007

home again, home again, jiggity jig

Don't need robots to say that to me, the cats are enough. Especially after a difficult airplane ride sitting between two very corpulent women-- in that situation, one scrunches one's shoulders together and tries to read. The cats run up and throw themselves upside-down at one's feet to be petted when one walks in the door. I love these cats! They're very affectionate and adorable, for cats. One of them is simply operatic in terms of mewing and singing! I'm tempted to give her a script of opera to try on for size. Otherwise, they have chosen a chair-- the one I dislike most, to sleep on and they chase one another around and scratch nothing besides their scratch stands. They're also pretty acrobatic, walking where I would not think possible. They're really unusually great cats. I think the female one, Olive, is a lesbian; she really goes at my breasts and tries to paw at them anytime she leaps up to sit on my lap-- most often, while I'm trying to type. She also tries to walk in on me all the time at inoppurtune moments. Should she have a coming-out party? Really, I think she needs to meet more female cats. In that vein, I have just now read about this Palm Springs literary gathering of women. I am inspired. Perhaps the cat needs a field trip later on down the road, when I have more money. I just wish to foster her identity in some meaningful way.

Becoming more relaxed around my new roomie too, which is great. Before I thought I should tell him: now you're living with three cats rather than two, but it's okay.

Today I made the discovery that I don't want to revisit my former building. Which unleashed some things, to be sure, and I was pretty much floored by all of the squelae of that today, just when I thought I was through with the cycles associated with things. I guess I've tried to handle the whole thing like breaking up, which has been appropriate, I think, if I think of actually taking my body into the building as breakup sex. I've decided to read "breakup girl" some to verse myself on it a bit.

But soon there's an event which sounds too cute to pass up, and that might be both appropriate and manageable and something to look forward to. And, a relatively public space.

Great to hang with my family again, visited my mom's new little a-frame, and it was adorable, it has such character. Felt so safe there. Met her boyfriend too. Visited also with my aunt, who does inspiring volunteer work helping abused and negelected children to safe places. Also discovered where all of my art and prized posters from abroad went when I visited my little sister's house.

Another temp-to-perm position I thought about accepting for a couple of days before deciding to fell through because I'm overqualified, so I've decided to submit a new and more minimalist resume to places for the time being if I want steady work while I decide on the next big challenge. The mental health people liked me, the clients wanted to give me hugs the day I left, and I've now learned that perhaps they want me back in some way; they have clinics all over the place. And another temp job coming down the chute in the meantime.

I hope tomorrow won't be as depressing as today was. And that there's a bit of sun, at least. Hooray for the queer filmfest.

Keine Kommentare: