Montag, 15. Oktober 2007

jalapenos embarking on an insane experiment

Oy!

I've been attending the enormous black-tie Jewish wedding of my cousin, and it's been a gorgeous and inspiring affair, replete with smashing the crystal chalice, Hebrew, and throwing my cousin and her groom as well as my aunts and uncles into the air as they sat on chairs. It was one to shave one's legs and find a Little Black Dress for. And a good reason to wear my tango shoes. All of my relatives came to town for it, and great to see them and to actually be in the country during the event. That's my second cousin who's gotten hitched in the last two years, both of them are younger than I, and I am beginning to feel a bit spinterish at 29. I guess that my cousin and her husband would be the jalapenos of this weekend. I enjoyed drinking margaritas with my grandma-- that's her favorite drink and I had to sneak them to her. It was also an event in that both parents, who divorced 4 years ago, were both in the room at the same time, and my dad brought his new (second) girlfriend to the event, who I met there for the second time. I guess it went well, all things considered, though I had to make sure to hug and greet my mom first before going over to see my dad and his girlfriend, with whom he'll be moving in in a couple of weeks. My mom and the girlfriend looked one another over pretty throughly. Mom thinks her breasts are sagging. Great mom, thanks. I think my dad went after the CEO part more than the breasts, though, given the alimony payments he's been making to you. Things one thinks but doesn't say. The "so what are you doing these days?" question came up a lot, enough to inspire one to say, "Well, of course, I'll be going into plastics." Honestly, I feel like I just graduated college again.

This has been comparatively the most placid visit back to my family members, though, and that's been really thrilling.

Next up to the mountains and more socializing. I've also been overhauling my mom's computer and setting her up with some cool programs, and hanging out with C.

Keine Kommentare: