Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2008

Mondfinsternis II

Well, the moon is now high in the sky and all white again.

I did see the Mondfinsternis. First I was on the bus on the way home from work (busy day, 8-6:30, translated intensive techinical document, did office stuff, started with the company webpage) and saw it through the window, partially orange.

Then returned home and watched it through the lilac branches outside of my window. Then went to 7-11 for dinner and wine, got a tuna sandwich and wine and they were playing Balkan nusic. Mentioned to a guy I crossed the street with "check out the moon" and he did and told me of his desire to see it from a building, which was my buidling. So I said, let's try to go to the roof, and we did, and we made it, despite the rental company's warnings that it was not allowed. His name is Alex and he's a professional photographer and has long hair and looks like the guy Orlando ended up with in Ornaldo. My photographs of the orange moon are not good at all because I don't have a telephotic lens.

I liked seeing the orange, and the way the moon looked like the czech symbol of the smileys over the letters for a brief time while red on top. Like for once one could see some of the contours and details of the moon without so much white glare. Beautiful.

No idea what part of the menstrual cycle I'm on these days, can't feel much corresponde to it on that level. Off to the Columbia River tomorrow. Miss lectures about art history and so on.

Keine Kommentare: