Sonntag, 10. Februar 2008

perambulation

Today I've had some fun exploring Hawthorne, which is my new neighborhood. One has to walk up and down the main streets and learn what's where.
I've also planned out my week more, also in terms of the films I will see, and when the opera.
The other interesting thing I've learned is that there is no sales tax here.
Still minorly disoriented and vertiginous from moving, but it's gotten better.
One big thing has been the different time orientation.
My orientation to time was always a bit different, I think, but the whole corporate thing seems much more to be about immediacy. What to the academic world may seem to be simply leaning on the panic button, but in other ways, it really forces one to be in the now. Then my other time orientations can just go on swirling around that one.

Keine Kommentare: