Samstag, 23. Februar 2008

changing worlds, cont'd

Today was another crash day, but a long one; you know you're in the corporate world when you wake up naturally at 7am or earlier on a Saturday and are actually ready to get out of bed.

Yesterday an interesting thing happened; I was sitting there doing my work, and a German who was working with the group stopped in, and we chatted a bit, and he needed help with some text on his computer. So I helped him out a bit, and then went to run errands. When I returned, there was a bouquet of flowers sitting on my desk, and I didn't know who had brought them. The guy eventually said that he wanted to thank me for my help, and that I reminded him of an ex of his. He was very sweet, but a little discomfiting when he took up residence in the chair in the waiting area with his computer and just sat there looking at me, mentioning from time to time how remarkable the similarity was. Anyway, he's left the country now. Work is still very exciting, but also consuming....

The really interesting thing I experience on a continual basis is a sense of collaboration at work, which is really something I haven't experienced in a long time, and something I envied about my first roomie last year as he was a grad student in the sciences, where there is collaboration. We're all pretty interdependent at work, and interpersonal relationships are really cared for. That's been very nice.

out to go find some culture.

Keine Kommentare: