Sonntag, 16. September 2007

peace, man.

Today I've been working on letting go of things that have bothered me.
First I tried a meditation ritual.
Then I burned some things-- but not my or anyone else's property.
Then I went to get fresh vegetables, in the rain.

I wonder if it is possible to let go of everything that has ever bothered one in one's life.

Generally, I try to be pretty peaceful. The only thing I've ever owned that might qualify as a weapon was a swiss army knife with my name emblazoned on it, so if I did anything with it, everyone would know who it belonged to. Well, they confiscated it at the airport one time and now I have nothing which would qualify as a weapon. I was a bit resentful of airport security at the time, but got over it, I think.

On a whim, I visited an astrologer I had a free visitation card for the other day. She first did my rising and moon signs, aquarius and pisces, and then told me I was holding onto grudges because I'm a scorpio and that I just needed to let things go. I was like, "na, und?" (but in English). That is pretty clear to me already.

I've also decided to spend less time on the computer in general, with a 12pm computer curfew.

Onwards onto a more peaceful existence.

2 Kommentare:

Alok hat gesagt…

I will suggest spend less time thinking and more on blogging :)

Did you find the roommate you were looking for? may be that's the problem?

j.b.s. hat gesagt…

Hi Alok, thanks.... I did find the roomie.

Hope to do some more posts about good literature soon! In the meantime, I really enjoyed your Hungarian Literature and Hollywood-German connection posts.