Sonntag, 9. September 2007

reading material

Oh how I love iGoogle. I've been able to subscribe to the New Yorker, and get a new cartoon in my box every day. Some I wish I could share, but they're copy-and-paste-proof, it seems. I can also subscribe to EMMA and Perlentaucher online, as well as Spiegel & the Economist. Too much fun. All of this, however, makes me think of my roomie again in the bathroom with his magazines. If almost everything is available electronically, will someone start putting computer screens in bathrooms, so they're not just advertised as "bathroom, w/bath & shower" but "wireless bathroom w/waterproof pentium pc in porcelan"? I have seen waterproof computers advertised that can be taken into the bath, swimming pool, or sauna.



I also get some interesting quotes each day:

War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace. - Thomas Mann

Silent gratitude isn't very much use to anyone. - Gertrude Stein

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult. - Rita Rudner

Keine Kommentare: