Dienstag, 22. Jänner 2008

gelandet

Phew. Now the internet is set up at home.

Yesterday was moved in as of 11:15, then returned the truck and got the car.
Then I went into work and did some things, though the internet has been down there both yesterday and today.

So today I went to the lawyer's office-- they set me up with a workspace and laptop and coffee and so on-- to do some translations they needed for a visa, it was 19 pages of payroll documents for which one needs to know the correct translations for tax codes. It was also neat to meet the lawyers, and all 19 pages are done.

Excited about the team, both in the office itself and extended, a good mix of Germans and non-Germans, small to start with. My building's downtown, with a view, on an upper level, can very easily catch a bus across the bridge & to work. On the other hand, it's one of the first places which would be bombed, or the building next door would be, should anyone wish to bomb it.

Also excited about my new place. It's a 1-bedroom on the second floor, #207, hardwood floors, an old building. On the corner of the building, great morning sun, windows all along the east and south sides, from my bedroom a terrific northeseast view. Everyone-- the people I hired for $20/hr to help me move in, the internet guy, etc. have been taken with the place and asked me what the rent is, and when I tell them, reply that it's reasonable. I think that I would never have found a comprable place in S-town for the same amount.

Long days and sleepy.

Keine Kommentare: