Mittwoch, 2. Jänner 2008

snowbound

An adventurous holiday, got stuck on the wrong side of a pass the afternoon before I was supposed to fly out, as we were on our way back from the mountains. They didn't open the pass again until the following afternoon, and all alternate routes were also closed: lots of snow and very high winds. So we stayed at my uncle's dacha for the evening, which was near the pass, fortunately. So am flying out today now, two days later than originally planned, and changed my new year's plans.... all the snow meant great skiing. All the wind meant skiing at 40 below zero. It was great but at the end of it was a popsicle. only thing was forgot to bring some medicine with me, which has had me quite on edge in the last days, but better now. back to the apartment hunt and working....

Keine Kommentare: