Freitag, 2. November 2007

ballerinas

Got to see the ballet with a pal on Halloween, it was great. One piece using a strobe, and the dancer leapt during the dark parts, and so it looked as though he was flying across the stage. That's why things like privacy are so important, I think; it gives one dark places to strive in, unbothered and unselfconsciously. It was also a dress rehearsal, and I think it's one of the first times I've heard ballerinas talk, I mean with their mouths, and more of the process. Very cool. I've so valued having such an improved sense of privacy since being out of my program, it is important and just feel healthier in general. There was another piece where the dancers were dressed in black and white, like prison inmates, but had jalapeno red socks, and then revealed jalapeno red undies, and then some of their entire constumes became entirely red. That was one of my favorite pieces. Once I had a prof who on the first day wore a black and white shirt, looking a bit like a prison inmate.... but her shirt at one point fell to the side, revealing part of a neon yellow brassiere, as though it had been dyed in highlighter yellow. That was impressive and made the first day of class even more exciting.

Well, it's friday. Thought about going to the sauna, but you're not supposed to with alcohol in your system, and I've had a glass of wine. I don't know when they have their dept. meetings this year, but I know that last year, sometimes I needed to go to the sauna afterwards to dispel some tension.

Of course the goal of the jobhunt is to emerge like a ballarina in a great position, and the process goes on.

Keine Kommentare: