Samstag, 24. November 2007

crystalline and cold

have been getting into technicalities now, of moving, of jobs, of everything, fortunately, all seems to be working out, and beginning to learn more about the industry I'm entering. the thought of it all still makes me happy. doing stuff which has "real world" application. And can even be transplanted to the "windy planet" to sustain life there, I think the "windy planet" is Neptune. I've never moved in a january, and that should be interesting.

reluctant to give up my cool place which I share with my cool roomie and the two nice cats, and also the city and some people here. The art of losing is hard to master....

today worked at the clinic, and sent mom, who's visiting these days for t-day, sightseeing. then we have the weekend to do things. a good Danksfest, I think. good to have mom around, if a times stressful, but glad to have her here.

the days have been crystalline and cold.
but the sun, who can complain, inspires one to get out with a goal of hot spiced cider.

it only took "them" one day after thanksgiving to set up christmas lights and decorations everywhere, can see all the new lights from my balcony. I wonder if I'm expected to decorate as a part of my temp job. I don't want to until about 2 weeks before christmas. Like all these mental health clients with family lives broken every which way need to have a reminder of the impending holiday season when they come for therapy. I think instead I will create a "Christmas free safe zone" in the office, which will involve perhaps one paper snowflake, and that's it. Is that healthy? I don't know. I also need to think about all the kids who come through the clinic, some of them lost or dropped or coping or not coping well at all.

I'm knackered, as penny would say, and sleeping in tomorrow.
Still need to make more friends in my immediate areas, trust still an issue.
Glad to have some of the space I need to set some of the broken parts so they'll be fixed and better to go for the next thing.

Keine Kommentare: