Freitag, 30. November 2007

the belmont, ach.

Well, over lunch today I buried myself in the stranger. I found out about this party, for yet another spat of cool things which is being sacrificed to, well, nothing less than condos. So I decided to try to get tickets to the thing after work, because, well, I like the area, and had spent some time in pubs there, back when I was dating much more. The gay male bar was also neat. The tickets had sold out at 9:30am, tickets first went on sale at 8. I guess it was a bit like lemmings going to the pastry shop, because he said there were about 500 people who wanted tickets and couldn't get any, so he said there would likely be a block party outside of the buildings which will meet their demise. At least I got a great fruit tart, but I don't know if I want to be outdoors between 10:30pm and 2 or so, though I may try to stop by if I can find parking somewhere. Condos have really become a thing here; while I was interviewing potential roomies, at least half asked if condos would be going up in front of the place, obscuring the view. I don't know of any. My roomie and I are both moving out, my feeling is that they'll raise the rent for the next tenant. The city is turning into something else entirely.

2 Kommentare:

Sassy hat gesagt…

Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- hat gesagt…

Well, drove past late, not a ton seemed to be going on apart from the people with tickets who were touring, and I was coming down with something... so today have been camped at home with tea, decongetants & books, watching the snow. Hope I'm on my feet good to go tomorrow.